axel provides custom student transportation solutions to accommodate students with special needs and disabilities, out of district students, private and charter schools and those who are covered under the McKinney-Vento Act.
axel’s team is made up of some of the most compassionate, experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the industry. We enjoy working with school personnel to develop client-specific protocols tailored around students’ individuals needs.
Our client experience specialists (CES) can handle requests via phone call, email and secure fax solutions. Your CES will coordinate your specific request with our operations team to ensure every passenger’s experience is a positive one.
Whether it is accommodating an IEP, making sure students get to school in time for breakfast, transporting students in wheelchairs, or communicating with coaches when an activity will be ending, axel’s team has the experience to get the job done. We appreciate the students start and end their day with our team. Our training and understanding of the various student populations we transport make us the smart choice for school administrators and homeless coordinators.
axel understands the climate school districts face today.
Tight budgets. Aging vehicles. Operating efficiency needs. With our expertise and resources, your district, community and students will benefit from:
- The safest and best-trained employees
- Unmatched customer service
- Operational best practices
- Technology-based solutions
- Financial efficiencies and cost savings
- Stewards of the environment
No longer will you have to worry about new capital, routing issues, vehicle breakdowns and recruiting and training drivers. axel is happy to relieve you of those responsibilities, freeing you up to focus on other critical priorities.
Partner with axel and your school will receive:
- Unmatched safety programs
- Optimal cost savings
- Exceptional customer service
- Empowered, accountable and satisfied employees
- Proven operational practices
Safety is the top priority for all of our employees. It is foremost in our minds as we do our jobs, every day. Employee training programs and processes support our commitment to safety. Our safety pledge resonates through the organization, from our drivers to the board room.
- Thorough employee background screening
- Annual driver evaluations and records checks
- Continuous safety training
- Daily vehicle safety inspections
- GPS technology with cameras recordings
- Preventive vehicle maintenance programs
Partnering with a transportation provider can save school districts an average of 20%–40% in transportation costs, according to the National School Transportation Association (NSTA). What you do with the savings is in your hands. Reinvest back into the classroom. Invest in capital improvements. Increase your community support. You decide what’s best for your district, students and community. AXEL will bring to your district:
- National purchasing power for vehicles, parts and maintenance
- Controlled and predictable transportation costs
- Operational best practices
- Competitive pricing, wages and benefits
- Technology-based systems
Unwavering Customer Service
axel is dedicated to customer satisfaction; solutions are customized to your district’s needs. With constantly increasing demands for services, and fluctuating enrollments and limited resources, you need a unique plan. axel will work with you to create that plan to meet your organizational goals and objectives. axel employees are held accountable, demonstrate a transparent partnership and engage in constant communication with you.
- Continuous customer service training
- On-site customer service
- Annual client survey
- Monthly reporting
Engaged, Accountable, & Satisfied Employees
The best-trained drivers in the business work for axel because we devote a significant amount of resources, training and development to our employees. axel vehicles are required to meet the most stringent safety regulations, and our drivers ensure they are operated safely. Employees are held accountable to meet the highest standards, ensuring the safety of your students. Because we care to the extent we do, our employees do the right thing.
- Comprehensive training—safety, leadership, customer service, financial
- Extensive driver training—classroom and behind-the-wheel
- Trained specifically to work with children (and parents)
- Monthly safety meetings
- Employee reward and recognition programs
Getting students to and from school safely and efficiently is job one for axel. Our proven operational and maintenance practices can optimize the use of expensive assets. With the technology we leverage, you will always know where your vehicles are and how efficiently they are traveling.
- Data driven decisions
- Customized and automated routing schedules
- Consistent maintenance programs
- Technology—GPS with recording all incidents.
- Heightened communication